Want to grow your organic traffic by 20-100%? We built ClickFlow, a suite of SEO tools designed to increase your organic rankings and scale qualified traffic for your website. Click here to learn more and get started.
In Episode #191, Eric and Neil discuss how to hire an SEO agency. What questions should you ask? What are great signs that prove the agency is and will be successful? Tune in to learn how to investigate a great SEO agency and why it’s worth doing your due diligence before you make that hire.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Hire an SEO Agency
- 00:46 – Always look at referrals
- 01:11 – A referral is the first line of offense and defense
- 01:25 – Look at the previous work of the SEO agency
- 01:50 – Before hiring an agency, ask them the changes they’d make to your website
- 02:02 – You can also ask what’s wrong with your website and how much traffic they can generate for you
- 02:40 – Ask the agency their process:
- 02:48 – Each agency is different
- 03:35 – Look at organic traffic and organic conversion
- 04:00 – There should be alignment from the get go
- 04:07 – Ask the agency to explain their expertise
- 04:50 – See what tools the agency uses internally
- 05:35 – Check for references
- 06:15 – Ask the agency for their rankings and results for their own website
- 06:30 – Some agencies don’t rank well
- 07:06 – If they can rank their own website, there’s a greater chance that they can rank you
- 07:15 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Referrals are a great way to see how the SEO agency has performed in the past.
- If an SEO agency can rank their own website well, chances are they can do it for you, too.
- Do your due diligence with the agency you’re about to hire – you’ll be working with them for quite some time.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.