[Free Consultation] Are you spending money on advertising but not getting the results you want? Are you looking for more sales and leads but have no idea where or how to start? Get help from our world-class marketing experts in a free consultation call.
Click Here To Schedule Your Free Consultation Now
In Episode #105 Eric and Neil reveal how you can use mobile based pop-ups without getting Google angry. They’ll show you the technicalities to avoid and alternative ways you can make your site impervious to Google’s harsh penalties.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: How to Use Mobile-Based Pop-Ups without Getting Penalized in Google
- 00:40 – In 2017, Google will start looking at mobile pop ups
- 01:02 – Neil’s animated interstitial on his site
- 02:53 – You can do a model that doesn’t own the whole page
- 03:19 – Google doesn’t want pop ups consuming the whole screen
- 04:01 – Use sticky bars instead of pop-ups
- 04:22 – Google “interstitial penalty, 2017” to read more
- 04:43 – Integrate quizzes on mobile devices
- 05:10 – Google is adding a news carousel for amp pages
- 05:28 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Pop-ups occupying the whole screen are a bad user-experience, which is why Google wants them GONE.
- Make use of the other techniques and tools other than pop-ups.
- Read more about the changes coming in 2017 to stay ahead of the curve.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.