In Episode #40 Neil and Eric discuss the 7 simple SEO tactics for increasing your web traffic. Neil shares the reason for his long blog posts and why you should link them to your most popular page. Learn how to optimize your website’s exposure with these easy, non-technical steps.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:29 – 7 Simple SEO tactics to sky rocket your traffic
- 00:49 – Linking to your most popular pages
- 01:19 – Make sure to link on every blog post
- 01:29 – Featured snippets
- 01:53 – How to Rank Zero
- 02:01 – Make sure you have a H1 title and tag
- 02:19 – Google’s role
- 03:01 – Click through rates
- 03:18 – Optimizing title tags
- 03:48 – Think of title tags as human
- 04:14 – People love to Google, “What is SEO?”
- 04:27 – Second order page scraping
- 04:37 – Getting into Google search console
- 05:25 – Google likes to audition you
- 05:50 – Neil’s loooong blog posts
- 06:05 – More keywords you have, more long tail terms
- 06:38 – More detailed content, more sure traffic
- 07:02 – Transcribing videos
- 07:05 – Rev.com
- 07:15 – Search engines can’t crawl videos
- 07:29 – Google image search
- 07:57 – Naming your image files properly
- 08:30 – Optimize image file names and alt tags
- 08:44 – End of today’s episode
3 Key Points:
- Link all blog posts to the most popular page you have.
- Optimize titles, tags, and images.
- Transcribe videos for content.
- How to Rank Zero – read on how to optimize your title and tag
- Google – the most used search engine
- Rev.com –for transcribing videos
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.