In Episode #171, Eric and Neil discuss the 7 age-old advertising principles that are still relevant and effective to this day. Tune in to learn how the big companies like Coca-Cola, McDonald’s, and AT&T are still winning in the advertising world because of these key principles that you can start using today.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 Age-Old Advertising Principles that Are Still Relevant Today
- 00:36 – First, write a great headline
- 01:08 – Warren Buffett tells his CEOs to always protect their brand
- 01:22 – Branding is everything and just one mistake could ruin everything
- 01:43 – Third, tell a story
- 01:45 – Stories or advertorials drive people and evokes their emotions
- 02:21 – Fourth, consistency in advertising, regardless of how large your company is or how well-known
- 02:48 – The Rule of Seven explained
- 03:10 – Fifth is from 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing, by Al Ries and Jack Trout:
- 03:41 – The “first mover advantage”
- 04:18 – Sixth is from Don’t Make Me Think by Steve Krug:
- 04:27 – “Think about the user—simplicity is the ultimate sophistication”
- 05:00 – Keep marketing campaigns simple
- 05:10 – “The simpler your pitch, the better off you are”
- 05:16 – Seventh, urgency plays a big role
- 05:51 – The sense of urgency compels people to take action
- 06:15 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- In whatever decision you make, you MUST protect your brand.
- Be consistent in advertising and remember the rule of seven.
- RELY on these age-old advertising principles that have been proven—no need to reinvent the wheel.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.