In Episode #452, Eric and Neil discuss the optimal way to create a sitemap. Tune in to learn why creating a sitemap manually is NOT beneficial for you—especially with all the online tools you can leverage today.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] – Today’s topic: What Is the Optimal Way to Create a Sitemap?
- 00:35 – Eric searches sitemap tools and uses sitemap plugins for WordPress
- [00:52] – You don’t want to create your sitemap manually
- [01:05] – Your site continuously updates and a sitemap tool can do the updates for you automatically
- [01:40] – Sitemaps are important because it is crawled by search engines
- 02:01 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 02:10 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- [02:16] – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Leverage the sitemap tools and plugins that are available for you online.
- Don’t create your sitemap manually as it needs to be automatically updated.
- A sitemap is SEO 101—put it on your checklist of things-to-do when creating your website.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
The post What Is the Optimal Way to Create a Sitemap? | Ep. #452 appeared first on Marketing School Podcast.
Full Transcript of The Episode
Eric Siu: Welcome to another episode of Marketing School, I'm Eric Siu
Neil Patel: I'm Neil Patel.
Eric Siu: Today we are going to talk about the optimal way to create a site map. So, I'll keep this simple this is how I've done it in the past. I just look for site map tools out there, and there's even a site map plugin available for WordPress as well. My sites are mostly on WordPress so I just take a plugin like that, I make a site map, I plug it into my Google search consul, I'm good to go.
Neil Patel: What Eric mentioned is totally true, it's so much easier. You don't wanna do it manually and the reason you don't wanna do it manually is, it's not about creating it perfectly and the best way is manually because you're gonna make errors. While with the tool is more likely to be perfect and error free.
What I mean by that is, your site continually updates. If you do it manual how is your site map gonna continually be updated with your site map? It's not, so only real way to do it is to have a plugin, or a tool that just automatically updates your site map as your site updates.
You wanna have site maps for your pages, your posts, your content, your international pages. You also wanna have it for your news related articles like your Google News, and you also wanna have it for your images. Once you have all of that you're much more likely to get traffic from Google News, Google, and Google images.
Eric Siu: Yeah, this is one of those kind of SEO101 things and sometimes people think site maps are important. But, I mean if you have a site you wanna make it easier for the crawlers to go through your site. So, it's not difficult to deal with it's just one of those things that you wanna check off, and ideally you have some kind of SEO checklist when you're getting going.
We will actually talk about that in the future episode, and actually in the next couple of episodes you will see what we're talking about. So, that's it for today but before we go we have a 90-day free trial of Crazy Egg. Again, this is available for every single one of you.
So, it's worth up to $3,000, no credit card is required, and if you wanna learn more just go to singlegrain.com/giveaway and we will see you tomorrow.
Narration: This session of Marketing School has come to a close, be sure to subscribe for more daily marketing strategies and tactics to help you find the success you've always dreamed of. Don't forget to write and review so we can continue to bring you the best daily content possible. We'll see you in class tomorrow, right here on Marketing School.
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.