In Episode #321, Eric and Neil discuss what Google My Business is. Tune in to learn how you can leverage Google local listings and how it can BOOST your sales and search ranking.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: What Is Google My Business (and How You Can Leverage It)?
- 00:34 – Google My Business allows to create a free business listing on Google
- 00:41 – You can claim your business and verify it
- 00:57 – Neil claimed his address and verified himself through Google My Business
- 01:30 – The thing with Google My Business is that you can have multiple spots if you have multiple locations
- 01:55 – You need to get the reviews going, too
- 02:09 – You need to be descriptive and explain what you do
- 02:30 – There are annual guides and you’ll turn up better on Google searches
- 02:43 – Your SEO and links still matter
- 02:56 – Locksmith just claimed a bunch of listings and their sales went up
- 03:32 – Eric has claimed a few listings for himself
- 04:00 – Just don’t abuse it
- 04:09 – You can also check your listings at Google Analytics
- 04:25 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Claiming your listing on Google gets you better chances for turning up on searches.
- At the end of the day, good reviews, SEO and links still matter to the customers.
- Don’t abuse the system, because Google can get you suspended.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.