Want to grow your organic traffic by 20-100%? We built ClickFlow, a suite of SEO tools designed to increase your organic rankings and scale qualified traffic for your website. Click here to learn more and get started.
In Episode #407, Eric and Neil discuss how to increase your email deliverability. Tune in to discover which provider works best and the techniques you can employ today to increase your deliverability!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Increase Your Email Deliverability
- 00:41 – To improve your deliverability rate, switch providers
- 00:46 – Infusionsoft has poor deliverability while Drip is great at delivering
- 00:55 – Jeremy Schoemaker has a site that shows which providers have terrible deliverability rates
- 01:07 – AWeber and ConvertKit work great too
- 01:29 – It is easier to use a shared IP to increase email deliverability
- 01:40 – Stop sending someone emails if they don’t open any of your emails
- 01:54 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 02:38 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 02:50 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- If your provider has a low email deliverability, switch providers.
- Don’t use a permanent IP—instead, use a shared IP.
- Stop sending someone emails if they’ve never opened any one of your emails.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Full Transcript of The Episode
Eric Siu: Welcome to another of Marketing School. I'm Eric Siu.
Neil Patel: And I'm Neil Patel.
Eric Siu: And today we're gonna talk about how to increase your email deliverability. This is something that you do a lot of. That you're really focused on 'cause you're sending hundreds, and thousands of, or maybe millions, of emails a year. So, Neil what are your thoughts about how you can actually improve your deliverability rate?
Neil Patel: Switch providers. So, there's a lot of providers that I was testing out. Fusion Soft has some of the worst deliverability. Drip has amazing deliverability. I actually learned this from my buddy Jeremy Schoemaker, who's also known as ShoeMoney. He has a site called, like, Spamchecka, or this tool, it's actually really cool. It shows you who has terrible deliverability and who has good deliverability. He was telling me A Weber is amazing, Convert Kit I've had really good luck with them.
But yeah, just test out different providers and check out, like, Spamchecka. That'll help you figure out if the different providers are actually working or not. You can test it through their own system. The cool part about email deliverability is, it's a really simple solution. So assume you have a decent provider, most people want to have their own IP, it's easier to use shared IP's than it is to keep your own IP's clean. Number two if people, like if you're sending three emails a week and you do it for a month, and someone doesn't open up your emails for the whole month, stop sending them emails. As long as you do that, you'll keep in peoples inbox.
Eric Siu: Yep. I don't really have anything to add here. I mean, he basically touched on all the points. So, basically let's talk about the giveaway.
So, we are giving away a one year IOS subscription of Crazy Egg, which is worth close to $1,200. Before I give you the details, Neil what is Crazy Egg?
Neil Patel: Crazy Egg's a visual analytics tool. If you're trying to figure out, all right, I have Google Analytics, I'm getting traffic, how do I convert more of them to customers? I know it's hard, but with Crazy Egg it isn't. It's a visual tool it'll show you where people are clicking. Through videos it'll show you where people are getting stuck within your website, within your marketing funnel. Whether it's form fields, call to actions, check out pages and within Crazy Egg you can adjust them through the Wizzy Wig editor so that way you can improve your conversions. And you can run AV tests to ensure that your changes are actually increasing your sales, your leads and your revenue.
Eric Siu: Great. So, if you want to get in on this just go to singlegrain.com/giveaway. The cool thing is we're giving away one of these every single week. And you can get multiple entries. So to learn more just go to singlegrain.com/giveaway and we will see you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: This session of Marketing School has come to a close. Be sure to subscribe for more daily marketing strategies and tactics to help you find the success you've always dreamed of. And don't forget to rate and review so we can continue to bring you the best daily content possible. We'll see you in class tomorrow, right here on Marketing School.
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.