[Free Consultation] Are you spending money on advertising but not getting the results you want? Are you looking for more sales and leads but have no idea where or how to start? Get help from our world-class marketing experts in a free consultation call.
Click Here To Schedule Your Free Consultation Now
In Episode #313, Eric and Neil discuss how to do SEO for small businesses with less than $1000 a month. Tune in to learn how you can still do SEO effectively—even with a small budget—and why you shouldn’t believe everything that Google tells you.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Do SEO for Small Businesses With Less Than $1000 a Month
- 00:35 – You can’t focus on everything
- 00:40 – Try to have your site on WordPress so you can have Yoast and not worry too much about on-page SEO
- 00:48 – Neil sticks to content creation and building links around the content
- 00:55 – Neil uses Ahrefs
- 01:01 – Put in your competitor’s URL and click on the top pages that will show you the pages your competitor gets the most traffic
- 01:29 – Look at that page and try to create a better version on your website
- 01:38 – Find the people that are linked out to the page and reach out to them
- 02:00 – Reaching out works, but it’s a long-term play
- 02:08 – Keep it simple
- 02:34 – “Don’t believe everything that Google says”
- 02:58 – When you only have $1000 a month, you can’t go really fast
- 03:10 – You can also use BuzzSumo which is similar to Ahrefs
- 03:26 – You can find a journalist who can write content at JustReachOut which is a PR tool
- 03:48 – For link outreach, you can use Pitchbox and MixMax
- 04:03 – You have to make sure that you stay consistent with your SEO
- 04:22 – Consistency will give people the impression that you’re starting to build your flywheel
- 04:33 – Scripted allows you to buy content at scale
- 04:53 – Upwork and ProBlogger also have people you can hire to make content for you
- 05:16 – Scripted is like a marketplace
- 05:37 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- There are ways to work on your SEO while on a conservative budget.
- SEO results takes time so you have to be patient.
- Leverage free and affordable tools that you can use to make your SEO work successfully.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.