Want to grow your organic traffic by 20-100%? We built ClickFlow, a suite of SEO tools designed to increase your organic rankings and scale qualified traffic for your website. Click here to learn more and get started.
In Episode #359, Eric and Neil discuss 5 tools that’ll help you track your search engine rankings. Tune in to know the benefits of SEO tracking, why it’s good to see how your competitors are doing and how tracking can help you see what you need to tweak with your SEO.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 5 Tools That'll Help You Track Your Search Engine Rankings
- 00:36 – Search engine rankings are important if SEO rankings are important to you
- 00:46 – First is Google Search Console
- 00:58 – It’s not the best, but it’s a good starting point
- 01:04 – Second tool is Ahrefs
- 01:18 – You can compare your performance and your competitors’ performance as well
- 01:29 – Third is Authority Labs
- 01:38 – It is geared towards ranking
- 01:47 – You can see if your SEO efforts are paying off
- 02:01 – A Now Provided report shows you keyword opportunities
- 02:05 – Fourth is SerpBook which tracks your ranking accurately
- 02:31 – Fifth tool is SEMrush
- 02:41 – It is growing and updating quite fast
- 03:15 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Olark which is a live chat software tool
- 03:22 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 03:26 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444 for those in the US
- 03:32 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Track your search engine ranking, especially if your SEO ranking is important to you.
- Consistently checking your ranking will help you see if your campaigns and efforts are working.
- If you track your competitor’s rankings as well, you will have an idea of how you can improve and revamp your strategies.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Full Transcript of The Episode
Eric Siu: Welcome to another episode of Marketing School. I'm Eric Siu.
Neil Patel: And I'm Neil Patel.
Eric Siu: And today, we are gonna talk about five tools that will help you track your search engine rankings better. So, let's dive right into it. First and foremost, search engine rankings are important, if you think SEO is important to you, ideally you're tracking kinda what's ranking well for you, over time if you're not, I'll keep it really simple and start off with: Google search console, so that’s formally Google Web Master tools, it’s free, it's Google's SEO tool and you can see kind of the average position that you have for certain keywords. It’s not the best to show you kind of where you are, but it will show you an average position. It’s a good starting point to get going so that’s number one.
Neil Patel: Number two Ahrefs. The core part of our a traps is, not only does it show you your rankings ensures maybe not as accurate as Google search console, but you can see your rankings in comparison to your competitors and with it you can be like “Alright, we’ve moved up X spots our competitors moved up Y spots, who’s doing better?” And it even shows your estimated search traffic based on the rankings, which is why I love using Ahrefs.
Eric Siu: All right number three this is a tool that I actually check every single day, and as it’s a tool that we put our clients in as well, it’s called Authority Labs. So, Authority Labs is strictly geared towards rank tracking and it does show kinda over time what your trends are over one week, one month, over three months or six months or over a year. And you could see if your SEO efforts are actually paying off. If you’re linked probably looking for a specific keywords and what I also like about it as well is that it has a now provided report you know how Google analytics has a not provided report or they have a lot of keywords that are not provided, now provided shows you new keyword opportunities that you can start tracking.
Neil Patel: Number four Serpbook, it’s a really simple tool it tracks your ranking really accurately, it’s cheap, it’s affordable, I use it, I just upload massive list of keywords and then “Boom” I can get my rankings, now I know you can do a lot of ranking tracking with Google search console, but keep in mind Google search console I believe they don’t show you more than a thousand results so, if you have a ton of pages like me, you’re pretty much capped off with Google search console.
Eric Siu: Yep and number five is SEMrush interestingly enough, I was showing the client yesterday kind of, where SEMrush stacks up versus some other tools, and SEMrush is actually they are growing, quite a bit, if you like Google trends, they’re just exploding its similar to the Atrust plug you think having something to kinda cross reference with, let’s say you have Atrust then you can cross reference it with SEMrush or like Neil’s tool that he just mentioned, you ideally have another tool to look at but SEMrush, you know the UI’s more intuitive in my opinion, and I’ve always been a fan of SEMrush and Atrust one also Authority Labs. So anyway that is it for today, but before we go we have another special give away, this is a one year subscription to Oulart which is a chat tool and you know I have talked about the efficiency of chat tools on your site, so if you wanna get access just rate, review and subscribe this podcast and then text Marketing school, that’s one word, Marketingschool to 33444 to prove that you did it and we will see you tomorrow.
Announcer: This session of Marketing school has come to a close. Be sure to subscribe for more daily marketing strategies and tactics to help you find the success you’ve always dreamed of. And don’t forget to rate and review so we can continue to bring you the best daily content possible. We’ll see you in class tomorrow, right here on Marketing school.
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.