In Episode #15 Eric and Neil talk about link building. When you want to up your rating on Google, you need to have strong links to sites with a good standing. Build relationships with sites similar to your industry, and put in the effort to get your links out there.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:25 – What is link building?
- 00:40 – Google and the value of links
- 01:05 – You get to the top ranking on Google by having strong content and links
- 01:30 – Not all links are created equal
- 01:45 – Google can discern the authority of your links
- 02:00 – How to build great links
- 02:10 – Ahrefs.com pulls up links on your competitors’ sites and ranks those links based on domain authority
- 02:30 – It’s like a richter scale
- 02:45 – You want a domain authority of 60 or higher
- 03:00 – Hit up those sites and ask if they would be willing to link to your content
- 03:35 – Email relevant sites to get them to link to you
- 04:45 – Guest posting is another way to get great links
- 04:55 – Look for sites that are relevant to you
- 05:20 – Make everything easy for the site you are reaching out to
- 05:40 – Link building should start with building a relationship
- 06:15 – Guest post to drive customers and help your brand
- 06:50 – Using broken links from sites that go down every day
- 07:20 – Google “broken link checker”
- 07:30 – Find broken links in your industry
- 07:40 – Put your URL into Archive.org and make a better version of the original site
- 08:05 – Email the sites linking to that dead page, and offer your new content
- 08:25 – 20 to 30% success rate with broken links
- 09:10 – Roundup building
- 09:25 – Create a roundup for your niche, and people will reach out to you
- 09:55 – Subscribe to learn more marketing tactics!
3 Key Points:
- Link to quality sites that are related to your industry.
- Make the process easy for the site you are reaching out to.
- Look at building links as a byproduct of building relationships.
- Ahrefs.com – Helps you find sites where you can link your content
- Outreach.io and PersistIQ – Tools to send out automated emails
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.