[Free Consultation] Are you spending money on advertising but not getting the results you want? Are you looking for more sales and leads but have no idea where or how to start? Get help from our world-class marketing experts in a free consultation call.
Click Here To Schedule Your Free Consultation Now
In episode #816, Eric and Neil discuss how to build a 6 figure software business in under a year. Tune in to hear the secrets to their successes.
Eric and Neil have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Build a 6 Figure Software Business in 10 Months
- [00:36] Eric has created a software company called ClickFlow. Clickflow takes Google Search Console data and will then tell you how many people are clicking on your title.
- [01:05] Clickflow helps you A/B test your title tag in order to get the max amount of clicks.
- [01:20] Clickflow is a subscription service that charges monthly or annually.
- [01:27] They are now making six figures in less than ten months.
- [2:00] Eric didn’t have a built-in audience to leverage. He achieved his goals with hard work.
- [02:20] He did a lot of cold outreach.
- [02:30] He emailed people with the subject line, “Feedback”.
- [02:45] He targeted websites he thought would be a good fit and had good rankings.
- [03:02] People actually responded and bought the software off the cold email outreach.
- [03:50] He did hit a small segment of his email list (300 or so) and sent a couple lines in an email and managed to pre-sell $10,000 for the tool.
- [04:20] He used that money to help build the tool.
- [05:15] Eric met one of the Co-Founders of ClickFunnels.
- [05:31] Russell Brunson and Grant Cardone’s TedX talk serves as a webinar.
- [05:47] They also offered software and courses for free or little money.
- [06:00] Bundling the offer makes everything more valuable.
- [06:10] Eric bundled his software and some courses and this allowed the company to make some cash up front.
- [06:50] It’s all about targeting the right audience.
- [07:04] Clickflow has a lower-level price to start.
- [07:20] The majority of their revenue comes from the larger accounts. The smaller accounts churn, because they don’t get that much value from the software.
- [07:50] Large companies like doing annual plans.
- [08:15] Eric landed some large companies through cold outreach.
- [08:22] They use a tool called Outreach, which automates your outreach.
- [09:05] If you use Datanyze, you put in search parameters.
- [09:25] LinkedHelper or Hunter will help you scrape private email addresses from LinkedIn.
- [09:55] Load the emails into Outreach and set up an email sequence.
- [10:50] You don’t need a built-in audience, you just need to do outreach.
- [11:20] That’s all for today!
- [11:37] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
The post How to Build a 6 Figure Software Business in 10 Months | Ep. #816 appeared first on Marketing School Podcast.
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.