In episode #719, Eric and Neil discuss the efficacy of midrolls. Tune in to hear whether you should drop the midrolls or keep them.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Do Midroll Ads Really Work?
- [00:40] In podcasts, there are always ads in the middle of the show.
- [00:50] Most podcasters use this format, where they run ads in the beginning, middle, and the end.
- [01:35] Eric was looking at their Apple Podcast retention rates.
- [01:50] Because Growth Everywhere has a midroll, he checked the retention rates.
- [02:09] He lost 50% of people at the midroll, but it increased after the ad.
- [02:30] So, keep your midrolls, because people will just skip them, but will continue to listen and stay engaged.
- [03:20] Perhaps create a customized landing page to increase ROI.
- [03:50] Andrew Warner integrates his ads into the podcast episode, which increases sign-ups.
- [04:22] If you auto-insert ads, people will skip them. If you pay people for custom plugs, that will generate more revenue.
- [05:12] What Warner does is “native advertising”.
- [05:30] This way makes it less predictable.
- [05:50] That’s it for today!
- [05:56] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveaway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.