In Episode #78 Neil and Eric talk about the 7 deadly sins of marketing. Listen to find out which of these sins you’re committing, and learn how to avoid making them in the future.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: 7 Deadly Marketing Sins
- 00:34 – Sin #1 – Buying paid links
- 01:19 – What happens when you get caught buying links
- 01:55 – Sin #2 – Not optimizing your ads
- 02:37 – Sin #3 – AB testing incorrectly
- 03:34 – Sin #4 – Not playing the long game on content
- 04:43 – Sin #5 – Basing decisions purely from AB tests
- 05:50 – You don’t want to have brand confusion
- 05:56 – Sin #6 – Being schizophrenic with your tests
- 06:20 – You have to be willing to stomach the pain
- 06:40 – SEO takes time!
- 06:55 – Sin #7 – Starting to do any type of marketing without proper tracking
- 07:20 – No tracking means wasted marketing dollars
- 07:27 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- There is no shortcut to marketing. Everything takes time!
- The longer the content, the better it ranks.
- Marketing costs are inevitable, you have to be willing to stomach the pain.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.