[Free Consultation] Are you spending money on advertising but not getting the results you want? Are you looking for more sales and leads but have no idea where or how to start? Get help from our world-class marketing experts in a free consultation call.
Click Here To Schedule Your Free Consultation Now
In Episode #78 Neil and Eric talk about the 7 deadly sins of marketing. Listen to find out which of these sins you’re committing, and learn how to avoid making them in the future.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: 7 Deadly Marketing Sins
- 00:34 – Sin #1 – Buying paid links
- 01:19 – What happens when you get caught buying links
- 01:55 – Sin #2 – Not optimizing your ads
- 02:37 – Sin #3 – AB testing incorrectly
- 03:34 – Sin #4 – Not playing the long game on content
- 04:43 – Sin #5 – Basing decisions purely from AB tests
- 05:50 – You don’t want to have brand confusion
- 05:56 – Sin #6 – Being schizophrenic with your tests
- 06:20 – You have to be willing to stomach the pain
- 06:40 – SEO takes time!
- 06:55 – Sin #7 – Starting to do any type of marketing without proper tracking
- 07:20 – No tracking means wasted marketing dollars
- 07:27 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- There is no shortcut to marketing. Everything takes time!
- The longer the content, the better it ranks.
- Marketing costs are inevitable, you have to be willing to stomach the pain.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.