1 out of ever 4 people are addicted to the internet (source: oh lets just say Wikipedia). With the rise of social bookmarking sites like Digg, Stumble Upon, Netscape it is easy to get lost in the internet, the following are a few tips you can do to fight the irresistible urge of the internet:
1. Have a cup of coffee in the morning and read my newspaper like you used to, before the Internet.
2. Eat breakfast with a knife and fork and not with one hand typing.
3. Get dressed before noon.
4. Make an attempt to clean the house, wash clothes, and plan dinner before even thinking of the Internet.
5. Sit down and write a letter to those unfortunate few friends and family that are Internet-deprived.
6. Call someone on the phone who you cannot contact via the Internet.
7. Read a book…if you still remember how.
8. Listen to those around me and their needs and stop telling them to turn the TV down so you can hear the music on the Internet.
9. Not be tempted during TV commercials to check for email.
10. Try and get out of the house at least once a week, if it is necessary or not.
11. Remember that my bank is not forgiving if you forget to balance my checkbook because you was too busy on the Internet.
12. Remember that you must go to bed sometime…and the Internet will always be there tomorrow!